- Social Workers
- Dentists and Dental Hygienists
- Doctors, Nurses and Caregivers
- Medical Laboratory Technicians
- Medical Prosthetic Technicians
As well as:
- Emergency Service Personnel
- Veterinarians and their Assistants
- DermaGuard offers protection from the irritation and maceration caused by the constant wearing of latex gloves and the associated dermatitis.
- DermaGuard helps prevent skin dehydration brought on by frequent washings with alcohol based, antiseptic washes.
- DermaGuard is an effective barrier against germs, odours and any other unwanted material.
- DermaGuard does not affect the adhesive properties of bandages and medical tapes,
- DermaGuard helps prevent contact dermatitis when constantly exposed to latex, neoprene and other hi-tech safety clothing materials on a regular basis.
- DermaGuard also helps prevent skin maceration and breakdown from constant exposure to water.
- Most conventional skin protection products are all too easily absorbed by the incontinence pad itself. Not only is this wasteful, but it can also diminish the absorbent efficiency of the pad. In contrast, DermaGuard is very effective in only small quantities. It is quickly absorbed by the skin providing maximum protection for the patient and allowing the pad to retain its absorbency.
- DermaGuard does not interfere with the adhesive properties of such devices and,
therefore, the worries of skin irritation are minimized while not interfering with the main purpose of the device.
- DermaGuard, being rapidly absorbed into the skin, it does not interfere with the
adhesive properties of any dressings.
- With DermaGuard applied, patients with sensitive skin do not need to worry about the potential discomfort and irritation they would encounter when not using the product.
Irritation from Saliva:
- Patients prone to drooling and excessive salivation may experience raw and sensitive skin around the mouth area. DermaGuard will aid in the healing and prevention of further irritation.
Irritation from Perspiration:
- Many elderly patients are prone to developing soreness and redness caused by perspiration under and around the breasts, genitalia and skin folds. With DermaGuard applied, further irritation is prevented and the damaged skin can repair itself naturally.
- DermaGuard helps prevent and aids in the natural healing process of bed sores and the associated problems of skin irritation and breakdown. Those people confined in bed will find that DermaGuard absorbs into the skin rapidly and does not immediately rub off into clothing and bed linens.
Braces and Support Stockings:
- The constant contact of the skin by such devices can cause irritation, redness and general skin breakdown. With DermaGuard as an active barrier, the common side effects of such
necessities can be greatly diminished while generally enhancing the overall quality of the skin.
- Patients with excessively dry skin, especially diabetics, heart patients, and those going through radiation therapy can benefit from the moisturising qualities of DermaGuard.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD):
- People who suffer from OCD and especially those prone to frequent hand washing and rubbing, can use DermaGuard to help alleviate the raw, red, irritated sore skin associated with OCD.
Each time DermaGuard is applied, it creates an invisible, non-greasy, fragrance free barrier which prevents irritants and potentially harmful substances from penetrating the hands and face – and other skin surfaces – for up to four hours.
What’s more, DermaGuard remains effective even after washing and long exposure to water.
DermaGuard is an ideal product for anyone to use regularly as a protector and enhancer of the skin.